Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Geography 1202 Introduction

Welcome! My name is Ustina Barsikyan, I am currently a sophomore studying finance at the University of Colorado at Denver.

This semester I will be researching the geographical components that make up the beauty of Sochi, Russia. Sochi's beautiful features are composed of the Black Sea in the south and the snow peaked Caucasus Mountains in the north.

Sochi, Russia
 I chose this location because it is my hometown. I was born and raised in the city of Sochi where I recall the sweetest memories of the amazing landscapes that make up this beautiful city. Currently Sochi is preparing to host the 2014 Winter Olympics. The exotic features of the city made it a tough to beat candidate during the selection process.


During the course of the semester I will study the geography of this city and hope to gain knowledge of the different physical geographical aspects that make this city the "gateway to the future". I will do this by applying concepts that I learn in Geography 1202.

No comments:

Post a Comment